Starting from this season, it's obligatory to include a screenshot when submitting a duel.
There will be no exceptions, so don't forget to press that F12 button!
This season introduces challenges of the round. A new challenge will be announced at the beginning of each round, and you will have an opportunity to gain some extra points by fulfilling it. It's not a huge bonus, but everyone who completes the task receives it equally, so it's easy points.
This round, the challenge is to win 2 Team Battle matches in 2 different levels. Good luck!
The opening DCTF event has ended, which means that the season is now open! Expect to see scores in the coming days.
Thanks to everybody for attending the event! (except that one person who thinks that faking Vegito is still funny in 2017). I have enjoyed playing and I sincerely hope you all did. I also think that extending the final round in Divide & Conquer to 20 minutes was definitely worth it :)
The next major event will be Jailbreak! As you all know, there aren't as many JB levels out there as there are CTFs. To avoid hosting an event where we play the same levels for the hundredth time, I have a question for you all: Which CTF level would you like to see as a JB level?
Leave a response in the comments below and the most popular answer(s) will be converted for next week's event!
Now go duel!
In addition to revamping the JDC site, we're looking to increase our staff roster. If you've ever thought about becoming a JDC Official, now is your chance!
We are looking for hard-working and dedicated players who want to help make this season a success. As a new Official you will have the ability to organise and run your own JDC events and help us keep things running smoothly to make sure that everybody enjoys season 26.
If you feel you'd make a good Official, leave a comment on this post with the following information:
- Time zone:
- Played JJ2 online since:
- Able to host servers: (Yes/No)
- Why I would be a good Official: (explain why you'd be suitable in no more than two sentences)
PS: Don't forget to sign up for JDCE! Drop a comment in the post below if you're up for it. (unrelated)
Season 26 is to officially start on Friday 17th February after the opening event (which starts at 18:00 GMT).
New scoring system
This season comes with a new scoring system, which we hope will make participating in JDC more fun for everyone. Instead of calculating your round score based on your overall performance, you get a certain amount of points per match now, which remains fixed after the match is verified. You'll be able to see exactly how many points you got right after submitting a match. We recommend that you check the FAQ for the precise details, but in summary, these are the most important points:
- 2on2s and 3on3s are now one big category called 'team games' and are scored the same as duels. All players now have a 'team quality' rating that is separate from their player quality, based on their performance in team games.
- You'll get a certain amount of points for winning a match, calculated from a base amount listed in the sidebar. You'll get more points for more impressive results, e.g. winning from someone with higher quality than you, or with a big score difference.
- You'll usually lose a (smaller) amount of points if you lose the match, unless the result is really close and the opponent was better than you.
- Each time you play a duel versus someone you haven't played before in a round, you'll get free points from your bonus pool. You get these points even if you lose. Your remaining bonus pool for this round is shown under your name in the upper right corner of the site. Team games give no bonus points, and your bonus pool is refilled at the start of each round.
A few other housekeeping points
- We now require a scores screenshot to be uploaded with every submitted match. So don't forget to make one when your match is finished!
- Please log in to your JDC accounts in order to be allowed to participate in JDC events.
- JDCE will possibly return based on interest levels. Please comment on this post saying "in" if you wish to participate and further information will be released after the start of JDC 26.
- PurpleJazz has been promoted and is now a JDC admin. Congratulations!
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
I bring to you, the JDC awards for season 25!
|Jazz Duelist Champion||Warren||1069 points|
|JDCE Champion||Hyperion||First place in JDCE 25|
|Duel Hero||Hyperion||32 duel wins|
|Duel Master*||Hyperion||97% win percentage for duels|
|Rabbit Exterminator||PurpleJazz||182 roasts/ctf points/2on2 Points|
|Enemy Ravager||Hyperion||+32 win streak|
|The Other Cheek||Naps||-31 win streak|
|Casualty Soldier*||Hyperion||5.55:1 roast:fall ratio|
|jdc megafan #1||Naps||49 matches played|
|Dedicated Event Player||PurpleJazz and Treylina||12 events* played|
|Bravery Award*||Warren||65% average opponent quality|
|Newbie Crusher*||m0tiszon||46% average opponent quality|
|CTF Master*||Rew||80% win percentage for 2on2s|
|Inseparable Partners||KRSplat and Warren||5 2on2 games played together|
|Obsessive Dueler||Smoke||10 duels played on a single day*|
|Loves Everyone||tictac||Fought 16 separate opponents|
|Stop Trying||Naps||6 duel losses against Hyperion|
|Commentator||Looney||205 characters per comment on average|
Once again - on behalf of the JDC crew, a huge thank you to everyone who made this JDC as fun as it was!
Good evening everybody,
The scores for the spontaneous event on Saturday can be seen here.
The scores for the closing event held on Sunday can be seen here.
JDCE points have been awarded too - and the additional points for first place will be awarded after the grand final (between Hyperion and Superjazz) has been played.
Now all that's left is the awards, and a HUGE thank you to everyone who made this JDC a reality and made it as enjoyable as it possibly could be.
You voted, we listened - tomorrow's closing event has been scheduled for 20:00 (GMT+2).
It's going to be a multiple event with many different kinds of gamemodes. My (another) question to you is: What level do you want to see tomorrow the most?
Please feel free to leave a response in the comments, and see you tomorrow!
The scores went tits up earlier today, please bear with my while I fix them (numbers may be weird for a while)
Edit: things should be back to normal now
The poll had been up for more than 24 hours, and these are the results:
There were over 30 active players in round 2, meaning that this poll with 30 responses is valid. With a nearly 75% majority voting for an extension, I have extended the season by one week exactly.
The new end date for JDC 25 is July 31st.
Round 3 is now also live. Keeping in mind that over a quarter of voters was opposed to extending the season, I've decided to keep things a bit more "fair" and make this extra round worth slightly fewer points than the preceding two. I understand that this can feel a bit anticlimactic for the final round - I encourage you to participate in events and 3on3 games to make the best of this extra time.
I've also preemptively scheduled the closing event onto next Sunday. Please tell me when would you like it hosted!