The spontaneous event scores are in! And it seems that it wasn't one rabbit, but two rabbits who ruled everyone! Check out the results.
But that's not all! Because the next event is coming to you! We are going to dominate some landscapes throughout the worlds of Jazz Jackrabbit. Expect a lot of killing and roasting and dying in this event!
Also, drop your mutator suggestions down below.
You can see the live standings HERE.
For reference, here are the round 1 matchups, along with player vetoes:
- cooba (Epitome, Gauntlet) vs Loon (Robust Ruins, Superconductor)
- Herobrine (Moonlit Harbor, The Astrolabe) vs Lazzaro (Fukushima, Robust Ruins)
- Hyperion (Robust Ruins, Superconductor) vs Tictac (Robust Ruins, Scrapyard)
- KRSplat (None) vs PurpleJazz (Swingin' Jazz, Gauntlet)
- Krzysiek (Fukushima, Gauntlet) vs Paul[NC] (Moonlit Harbor, Scrapyard)
- Lahm (Fukushima, Re-Purposed Offshore Platform) vs Smoke (Gauntlet, Superconductor)
- Naps (Fukushima, Superconductor) vs Sir Ementaler (Swingin' Jazz, Superconductor)
- Ragnarok (Epitome, Fukushima) vs Firerabbit (Fukushima, Superconductor)
At the very latest you have until Friday 18th August to play your first duel. If you have trouble contacting your opponent and/or agreeing to a date to play, please contact me or another member of JDC staff ASAP. If necessary I will be awarding activity wins to players whom have made the effort to try and get their duel arranged, at my own discretion. Don't forget to keep an eye on the tournament bracket so you can see who your next opponent is - don't feel the need to wait if your next match has already been assigned.
Now get out there and play your matches!
PS: Please don't cycle to Re-Purposed Offshore Platform (rpop.j2l) in any of the Camel Duels servers until further notice as it causes AVs there. If you intend to pick this level, you and your opponent will need to play in Puke Nukem Arena.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the opening event! While it was a bit lighter in terms of player numbers than expected, it was nonetheless no smaller in terms of overall enjoyment. Expect the scores up shortly (yes I really mean it!!!). Meanwhile, get duelling!
It is also with this post that I announce the first Round Challenge of the season.
The Magnificent Seven: Duel at least 7 unique opponents.
It's a relatively easy one, and there's 30 points up for grabs for everyone who manages to complete this challenge!
A new season equals new beginnings, and we've decided to give JDCE a makeover! The old elimination format has been replaced in favour of the Swiss system. Presenting the new and improved, Jazz Duelists Challenge: Emmentalation!
You think you have what it takes to Be The Star Of This JDCE?
We've got a rather fabulous selection of maps for you to choose from. Some old favourites, and some others you may or may not be so familiar with. There's bound to be something to suit every taste, so check 'em all out!
Everything you need to know can be found HERE.
It's time for a new JDC season! Season 27 is to officially start on Friday 11 August. There will be an opening event as usual, at 19:00 GMT; keep an eye on the sidebar for more details.
This season comes with a few changes as well:
This season introduces clans to JDC. There will be a parallel clan ranking alongside the traditional individual ranking. You can read all about how clans work on the FAQ page, but here are the highlights:
- If you are a clan leader, contact an official, who can add your clan to JDC, after which you can add members to it.
- Clan score consists of match points earned in clan wars (e.g. team matches against other clans). Duels against members of other clans count as well, but will only contribute a small part of their match points.
- Ladder matches may be submitted to JDC as clan wars.
- You can gain extra bonus points for breaking people's win streaks. Keep an eye on the sidebar where a bounty board will list those with large streaks. Completing bounties will reward you the size of their streak multiplied by three, as bonus points.
- Quality now starts to matter immediately after 4 matches have been played instead of only after round 1, and takes all prior matches into account, not just those from previous rounds.
- You will gain bonus points by playing in clan wars. You can still gain bonus points by playing duels against people you have not played before in a round as well.
- To facilitate these changes we now require players to verify all matches involving them before a new match in which they played may be submitted. So please be prompt in submitting and verifying matches to avoid making others wait! Note that per the JDC rules you are required to submit a match immediately after it finishes.
The FAQ has been updated to reflect all changes, so check that out if you want to be completely up-to-date with the current JDC rules.
That's it! Please log in to your JDC accounts in order to be allowed to participate in JDC events. We hope to see you all on the 11th for the opening event.
Traditionally overdue (though honest promise, we're gonna try to be a bit more prompt this time), I present the season 26 awards!
Awards are now also recorded for posterity on players' profile pages; those for the past 3 seasons have been added so far.
|Jazz Duelist Champion||Jety||1829 points|
|JDCE Champion||Krzysiek||First place|
|Duel Hero||Jety||93% duel wins (93:7)|
|Life of the Party||Krzysiek||564 event points|
|Rabbit Exterminator||Jety||1082 roasts|
|Casualty Soldier||Jety||1082:313 (3.46) roast:fall ratio|
|Contest Victor||Krzysiek||5 main event wins|
|JDC Superfan||o0o (Moti)||150 matches total|
|Dedicated Duelist||Jety||100 duels|
|Dedicated Team Player||o0o (Moti)||74 team games|
|Event Regular||Jety||17 event showings|
|Round Master||Jety||4 rounds won|
|Team Master||Krytical||77% team wins (10:3)|
|Inseperable Partners||Krzysiek, Rew, o0o (Moti)||11 team games together|
|Pick Someone Else||Firerabbit, Krzysiek, Rew||7 team losses|
|Commentator||Looney||145 characters average|
|Obsessive Duellist||Krzysiek||13 duels in one day (3 March)|
|Loves Everyone||Jety||Fought 24 separate opponents|
|Common Matchup||KRSplat vs o0o (Moti)||27 duels against each other|
|Stop Trying||KRSplat||22 losses against o0o (Moti)|
|Nice Godmode||Jety||42 perfect duels (0 opponent roasts)|
It won't be a big surprise that Jety has the biggest haul here, crushing the competition in both activity and quality, with an impressive total of 100 duels of which only 7 were losses. Krzysiek also manages to snatch a few awards, scoring big in events and becoming this season's JDCE champion. Well done everyone!
The final event of JDC 26 has just ended, and it was a major blast. Thanks to everybody who came and played a part!
I enjoyed (mostly) every round, but the final few, aka Officials vs. Competitors vs. Admins vs. Jety was definitely the highlight for me :) Please tell me what was yours!
The season will keep going for some time, probably 12 hours or less. If you're still up for duels and team games, better make use of this time!
The awards for the season will be posted within the next week.
Apologies to everyone expecting to play an event tonight, but something has come up for me last minute and so I will be unable to run it as planned. Therefore, it will be run tomorrow instead at 19:00 GMT +1, and due to the extra notice it will be upgraded to main event status.
While awaiting the results of the round 3 challenge, I've also set up the new challenge. If you missed playing ladders, this challenge is just for you!
Q: What do I need to do?
Win 4 team games (2vs2 or 3vs3, any gamemode goes) with your clan, against another clan!
Q: Can we defeat the same clan 4 times to win?
You can, but if you defeat different clans, your award will be bigger, maybe much bigger if you defeat 4 different clans!
Q: What if I'm not in any clan?
- Join one!
- Make your own!
Q: What if I don't want to be in any clan?
Well it wouldn't be called a challenge if it was nice and easy wouldn't it? The round challenges are all about leaving the comfort zone!
Q: Can I be in more than one clan at once?
Q: If I'm about to lose a game, can I leave my clan before the game ends, to make sure the other clan doesn't get the win?
Q: Can I make 4 different clans in a week and lose all games, just to help my friend win the challenge?
Try it, we'll find out how much points you can lose that way!
I'll be awaiting your questions in the comments below. Now go call up your team on Skype and get to work!