Here are the pairings for JDCE round 2:
Bracket 1: (Round 1 Winners)
- Hyperion vs Sir Ementaler (✓)
- Krzysiek vs Loon (✓)
- Lazzaro vs Ragnarok (✓)
- PurpleJazz vs Lahm (✓)
Bracket 2: (Round 1 Losers)
- Anubis vs cooba (A)
- KRSplat vs Smoke (✓)
- Mastersven vs Firerabbit (✓)
- Tictac vs Naps (✓)
You have until Friday 25th August to play your duel. Have fun, and please contact me if for whatever reason you won't be able to play your duel on time!
General Stuff: CONGRATULATIONS TO LOONEY FOR WINNING ROUND 1. Round 2 has now begun; the main notable change is that the base points per win has increased from 5 to 10.
Challenge of the Round: The challenge of the round is to win at least five 2v2s with the same partner within this round. Because of the added difficulty, this challenge will be worth 40 points.
JDCE Updates: 6/8 duels have been completed for JDCE round 1, and due to a lack of availability, two of the players from round 1 have been substituted.
These players should aim to complete their duels before: 00:00 Monday 21st August to ensure that round 2 can commence without too much delay;
- Krzysiek (Fukushima, Gauntlet) vs Anubis (Scrapyard, The Astrolabe)
- Lazarro (Fukushima, Robust Ruins) vs master sven (Fukushima, Re-Purposed Offshore Platform)
The rest of the matchups will be announced the moment these duels are completed.
Live standings can be seen HERE.
This newspost is a heads-up that round 2 will start in less than 24 hours.
On a semi-related note, the JDCE deadline for duels is within that time also. For the players who still haven't played their duels yet, please endeavor to do so or you may be added to our hall of shame and receive a substantial point penalty. For those who cannot complete their games; please contact an official or an admin, or comment on this newspost.
Finally, congratulations to Krzysiek for winning the first one day tournament of this season.
We have decided to reopen JDCE signups for substitutes, as a contingency for people getting disqualified for not completing their matches by the deadline. Said players will get substantial point penalties.
First come - first served.
The spontaneous event scores are in! And it seems that it wasn't one rabbit, but two rabbits who ruled everyone! Check out the results.
But that's not all! Because the next event is coming to you! We are going to dominate some landscapes throughout the worlds of Jazz Jackrabbit. Expect a lot of killing and roasting and dying in this event!
Also, drop your mutator suggestions down below.
You can see the live standings HERE.
For reference, here are the round 1 matchups, along with player vetoes:
- cooba (Epitome, Gauntlet) vs Loon (Robust Ruins, Superconductor)
- Herobrine (Moonlit Harbor, The Astrolabe) vs Lazzaro (Fukushima, Robust Ruins)
- Hyperion (Robust Ruins, Superconductor) vs Tictac (Robust Ruins, Scrapyard)
- KRSplat (None) vs PurpleJazz (Swingin' Jazz, Gauntlet)
- Krzysiek (Fukushima, Gauntlet) vs Paul[NC] (Moonlit Harbor, Scrapyard)
- Lahm (Fukushima, Re-Purposed Offshore Platform) vs Smoke (Gauntlet, Superconductor)
- Naps (Fukushima, Superconductor) vs Sir Ementaler (Swingin' Jazz, Superconductor)
- Ragnarok (Epitome, Fukushima) vs Firerabbit (Fukushima, Superconductor)
At the very latest you have until Friday 18th August to play your first duel. If you have trouble contacting your opponent and/or agreeing to a date to play, please contact me or another member of JDC staff ASAP. If necessary I will be awarding activity wins to players whom have made the effort to try and get their duel arranged, at my own discretion. Don't forget to keep an eye on the tournament bracket so you can see who your next opponent is - don't feel the need to wait if your next match has already been assigned.
Now get out there and play your matches!
PS: Please don't cycle to Re-Purposed Offshore Platform (rpop.j2l) in any of the Camel Duels servers until further notice as it causes AVs there. If you intend to pick this level, you and your opponent will need to play in Puke Nukem Arena.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the opening event! While it was a bit lighter in terms of player numbers than expected, it was nonetheless no smaller in terms of overall enjoyment. Expect the scores up shortly (yes I really mean it!!!). Meanwhile, get duelling!
It is also with this post that I announce the first Round Challenge of the season.
The Magnificent Seven: Duel at least 7 unique opponents.
It's a relatively easy one, and there's 30 points up for grabs for everyone who manages to complete this challenge!
A new season equals new beginnings, and we've decided to give JDCE a makeover! The old elimination format has been replaced in favour of the Swiss system. Presenting the new and improved, Jazz Duelists Challenge: Emmentalation!
You think you have what it takes to Be The Star Of This JDCE?
We've got a rather fabulous selection of maps for you to choose from. Some old favourites, and some others you may or may not be so familiar with. There's bound to be something to suit every taste, so check 'em all out!
Everything you need to know can be found HERE.
It's time for a new JDC season! Season 27 is to officially start on Friday 11 August. There will be an opening event as usual, at 19:00 GMT; keep an eye on the sidebar for more details.
This season comes with a few changes as well:
This season introduces clans to JDC. There will be a parallel clan ranking alongside the traditional individual ranking. You can read all about how clans work on the FAQ page, but here are the highlights:
- If you are a clan leader, contact an official, who can add your clan to JDC, after which you can add members to it.
- Clan score consists of match points earned in clan wars (e.g. team matches against other clans). Duels against members of other clans count as well, but will only contribute a small part of their match points.
- Ladder matches may be submitted to JDC as clan wars.
- You can gain extra bonus points for breaking people's win streaks. Keep an eye on the sidebar where a bounty board will list those with large streaks. Completing bounties will reward you the size of their streak multiplied by three, as bonus points.
- Quality now starts to matter immediately after 4 matches have been played instead of only after round 1, and takes all prior matches into account, not just those from previous rounds.
- You will gain bonus points by playing in clan wars. You can still gain bonus points by playing duels against people you have not played before in a round as well.
- To facilitate these changes we now require players to verify all matches involving them before a new match in which they played may be submitted. So please be prompt in submitting and verifying matches to avoid making others wait! Note that per the JDC rules you are required to submit a match immediately after it finishes.
The FAQ has been updated to reflect all changes, so check that out if you want to be completely up-to-date with the current JDC rules.
That's it! Please log in to your JDC accounts in order to be allowed to participate in JDC events. We hope to see you all on the 11th for the opening event.
Traditionally overdue (though honest promise, we're gonna try to be a bit more prompt this time), I present the season 26 awards!
Awards are now also recorded for posterity on players' profile pages; those for the past 3 seasons have been added so far.
|Jazz Duelist Champion
|93% duel wins (93:7)
|Life of the Party
|564 event points
|1082:313 (3.46) roast:fall ratio
|5 main event wins
|150 matches total
|Dedicated Team Player
|74 team games
|17 event showings
|4 rounds won
|77% team wins (10:3)
|Krzysiek, Rew, o0o (Moti)
|11 team games together
|Pick Someone Else
|Firerabbit, Krzysiek, Rew
|7 team losses
|145 characters average
|13 duels in one day (3 March)
|Fought 24 separate opponents
|KRSplat vs o0o (Moti)
|27 duels against each other
|22 losses against o0o (Moti)
|42 perfect duels (0 opponent roasts)
It won't be a big surprise that Jety has the biggest haul here, crushing the competition in both activity and quality, with an impressive total of 100 duels of which only 7 were losses. Krzysiek also manages to snatch a few awards, scoring big in events and becoming this season's JDCE champion. Well done everyone!